Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Big Step

Just a few hours before he turned 4 months old, I laid David down in his crib for the first time (at night). He has taken a few naps in it before, but never at night. I was a little reluctant to put him in his crib. He's been in the bassinet next to our bed since we came home from the hospital.

But, Ryan set up the AngelCare monitor that afternoon so I could sleep a little better. I fed David at 11:30pm and put him down. He slept great until 2:30am- time to eat again. He fell back asleep soon after eating. He woke up several times between then and 7:30am, but was able to put himself back to sleep rather quickly. He ate at 7:30am and had a sleepy snuggle in bed with me for about an hour. All in all it was a successful first night in his "big boy bed"!

No comments: