While David took his afternoon nap, Ma, Big Daddy, and Ryan got out on the slopes to check out the conditions. It has snowed at least 8 inches in the last 24 hrs. We wanted to see if the conditions were safe for David to join in the fun and wanted Ryan to get his ski legs under him before we put David on his back. Then, when he woke up, I got word that is was time for David to come out for his first ski down the slopes! We got him all bundled up in his snow suit, nice and comfy in the backpack, and off we went. As we rode up the the mountain in the gondola, David seemed relaxed, like he was an old pro.
It was snowing while we were skiing, so we only made one run with him (we didn't want him getting too cold/wet). But, he never acted like he was uncomfortable in any way. Actually, a couple times I had to make sure he was still awake!
Here is a short video of some of his first run down the mountain.
We did get a couple of stares and heads shaking back and forth at us as we went down the mountain. But, there is one thing I know for certain, Ryan and I would never do anything to put our child in danger. Ryan was cautious, skied slow, and was aware of his surroundings at all times.
1 comment:
Goodness gracious, I LOVE this kid!! Seriously, one of my all-time favorite kids.
Post a Comment