Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter Weekend [Better Late Than Never]

We had a very busy Easter weekend filled with lots of fun.

On Thursday, David's class had their Easter party and of course we attended. Rachael once again gladly pulled up a chair when she saw all the party food. 

She and David laughed and played like they hadn't just seen each other at home an hour before. 



I just love the way he looks at her. Clearly, he adores her.




That evening we attended a special Easter party hosted by the President of Berry College. The Easter Bunny was there. We [yes, we] had our picture taken with him, but the kids weren't happy about that. They didn't want anything to do with him. So, we quickly took a picture and moved on.




There were a lot more fun things to do! David loved the inflatable slide especially since his big cousins went on it with him.






Waiting in line with Cate. She takes such good care of him.




Baby Girl wasn't big enough for the slide this year, but she had a great time watching the fun.



It was finally time for the main event! The big egg hunt! There were 4,000 eggs hidden all over and David was determined to find each one.

Because he had an egg hunt at school that day, David was really excited to do it again. So, he waited as patiently as he possibly could.




Then it was time to go. I was so thankful Ma was there to help me because David took off as soon as they said, "GO!". She kept up with him while I coaxed Rachael along. She didn't really understand what the all the commotion was about.







Rachael was very meticulous with her choices of eggs. She mostly liked the pink and purple ones. Then once she realized there was candy in them, it was over. All she wanted to do was open each one.



While she was taking her time, David was off scouring every inch of the beautifully landscaped property looking for as many eggs as he could put in his super cute Easter bag, which he made at school.




 

Rachael also found a few rocks and thought those would be just as fun to put in her basket. Why not?







I love this age! So curious and so funny. These days it's not an uncommon occurrence for Rachael to have her tongue out. And if she does, it always goes out to her left. So funny!




We finally all met back up and the kids were happy as could be with their hauls.


David really is happy, I promise.

The next day was a non-Easter related day, but still lots of fun.
Cate has taken up soccer and is really quite good. That's her in the cute hot pink socks kicking the ball.


Of course the kids loved watching her play.




David "coaching" from the sidelines.



On Saturday evening Ma hosted her side of the family for Easter. So that the kids wouldn't get their nice clothes dirty we choose to leave them off while we ate, but planned to put them on when it was time for the kids to find eggs outside. Well, while we were eating it started raining. We all decided to hunt eggs inside and Ryan and I decided not to change the kids' clothes. They were too excited to hunt eggs, I'd have to wash AND iron them again for the following day, and my kids don't have a passion for changing clothes so we knew it wouldn't go over too well. So, they stayed in the dinner eating clothes.
They sure didn't care. It didn't seem to impede on their abilities to find eggs [or phones].



Rachael found one under the table!


And...a remote upstairs!



David found an egg hidden under a book.



He was pretty excited about it.



After the egg hunt all the kids gathered in the living room to assess their haul. My children acted as though they had never seen candy before. They were both stuffing it in their mouths and opening the next one as they were still chewing! It was crazy.













Cousins



I love this one too. Slightly chaotic, but super cute.


On Sunday morning we drove to Twinkle and Bing's house for Easter with Twinkle's family.



Because there was rain in the forecast I wanted to try to get a few nice pictures of the kids in their fancy Easter clothes. I couldn't have been happier with how easygoing the kids were. This is not normally how photo sessions with Mama turn out. I was so excited to see that they were actually willing participants!









You may remember last Easter Rachael wore a dress her Great-Aunt Angie made just for her.


Well this year, I asked her to make another one for Rachael and she suggested the matching vest for David. We already had the material- I purchased it to decorate the buffet table at the Sip and See I hosted for my sister-in-law months ago. I gave it to Angie that day and hopefully joked that maybe she could make something for Rachael with it someday. She makes the most beautiful smocked dresses! I feel like they immediately become family heirlooms the moment she gives them to Rachael. I absolutely LOVE the matching vest for David! I mean how many years do I have of matching their outfits? I better do it while I can.

So, once again as we were eating it started raining! [I was so thankful I had planned ahead and took those pictures!!] But, that was okay. We just had the egg hunt inside.

LOVE this one of Rachael's Great-Grandmother smiling at her.




Oh! David had a little potty training mishap, so we had to change his pants.

Rachael scanning the room for more eggs.



There was one in Great-Granddaddy's pocket!

Such a special picture.


So what about a visit from the Easter Bunny? Well, when we were sitting next to him, I whispered in his ear and asked him if it would be okay for him to come to our house on Monday since we weren't going to be home on Easter. He kindly agreed.
He actually came during nap time, which really worked out well because Ryan had an early morning meeting and wouldn't have been able to be there if the Easter Bunny had come overnight!

He brought lots of great things- mostly outside toys as we are counting down the days 'til consistently warm weather.

David's basket


Rachael's basket



The kids had a great time checking out their goodies and we were out the door to give them all a try.

Sweet little smile.

Thanks for the photo bomb, Bogie!


David couldn't choose what he wanted to play with first.




Whoa! That wraps up our Easter celebration. When we weren't busy hunting eggs, getting dressed up, smiling for pictures and visiting with family Ryan and I were making sure our kids [to the best of their abilities] understand the true meaning of Easter. I am so thankful for David's children's Bible. It does a fantastic job of explaining the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. David is very curious about both stories. Just a few of his questions were:

 Why did those soldiers put that 'Our King' sign on Jesus?
Why were those Roman soldiers not nice to Jesus?
Why did Jesus have to die?
Why does God love me?

At first it may seem like those are easy questions. But, try explaining them to a toddler and they won't seem so easy anymore. But, I love that he has questions and I do the best I can to answer them. They have actually made me study my Bible more [which I'm sure is God working through David] so that I can be more educated when I need to answer his deep thoughts.

Happy Easter!




What difference a year makes...

1 comment:

Alli said...

I didn't know Berry did an Easter egg hunt! That's sad seeing as I went there for 4 years (go Vikings!). We will have to check that out next year!