Well, after another night of coughing and sniffling David woke up still running a fever and very lethargic. He wouldn't eat breakfast and spent the vast majority of the morning on the couch, with his "juice"- watered down Gatorade, watching Sesame Street. (I am SO thankful for On Demand).
After refusing to eat anything for lunch, I put him down for his nap. He went right to sleep, but woke up much sooner than normal. When I walked in his room, he was clearly still tired. I kissed him on the head and thought my lips were on fire! I immediately took his temperature. 102.6. We were headed for the doctor's office within minutes.
After an extensive exam, the doctor concluded that David must have developed a secondary infection from all the coughing. We were given an antibiotic and told to give him Tylenol around the clock until he starts to feel better.
I am praying the medicine starts to help immediately! It hurts me so bad to see my baby boy so miserable.
Baby Girl is getting better, but still has a cough and runny nose. Nighttime seems to be the worst time for her cough. She is pretty happy during the day, just has a yucky nose. Thank you God for keeping her feverless.
When we arrived home from the doctor's office at 6pm, I was hurrying to get things started for dinner. All of a sudden I was greeted by this beautiful pot of flowers!!! If you know me, you know what happened next- I started crying. Even before I read the card. Someone was thinking of me!
"You are the best Mama, wife, daughter, daughter-in-love, sister-in-love. Hang in there. We love you, Twinkle and Bing"
After that I cried even more. How thoughtful and kind of Twinkle and Bing to think of me!
I am so blessed.
1 comment:
Oh now I want to cry!! First for your sweet babies, then for you for what you are going through, then for you getting those flowers!! You are such a good mama to those babies :) Keep doing what you're doing - they'll be back to themselves in no time. xo
Post a Comment