Thursday, April 26, 2012

David Turns Two



I don't know how it happened, but today, David turned TWO years old!! It literally feels like just yesterday we were at the hospital holding our precious, 6 lb. gift from God. And now, here we are celebrating his 2nd birthday. Unbelievable. 
Of course, we wanted it to be a very special day for David, so we made it fun right from the start. When David woke up this morning, I walked in to greet him. I opened his curtains, turned on his lights, and showered him with birthday kisses. Then David saw Ryan standing in the hallway. But, wait there was something else....



What is it David?





BALLOONS!!!!! 


All of a sudden Ryan began tossing large, colorful balloons onto David's bed. David absolutely loved it! 






Rachael got a big kick out of trying to catch the balloons that fell off David's bed and watching him play.


Then it was time for breakfast. I made some yummy pumpkin and blueberry pancakes with a side of cheesy eggs [all in the shape of a smiley face]. His new birthday plate came from Twinkle and Bing when they were here on Tuesday. It's a great addition to helping make this, and every birthday, a special one. 



We lit the candles in the pancakes- David thought that so much fun. As we sang "Happy Birthday", David pointed to himself when we said, "Happy birthday, dear David..." It was so funny.


Blowing out the breakfast candles.


So excited about his special breakfast.

After breakfast David put on his special "2" t-shirt, which just so happens to match the theme of his birthday party this Saturday. Then we took David somewhere he has never been before--- the zoo!
There is a small zoo very close to our house and we thought David might enjoy it. 


 Checking it out as soon as we got there.

We saw turkeys.

And bears.


Rachael had a great time seeing all the animals and other little kids, too!


 My beautiful [yes, I can say that, I'm his Mama] little birthday boy.



 Where do you want to go next, David?


David as an owl.



Ryan and David as bear cubs saying, "ROAR!"


Yes, of course, there were some sticks picked up along the way.


We all had a wonderful time celebrating David's 2nd birthday as a family.


After a fun morning, we went to a local sandwich shop for some lunch. Then returned home for nap time, play time, and dinner time. After dinner, David blew out the candles on his cake. 




He also opened a few presents from Mama, Daddy, Rachael, and Bogie. 



Rachael helped.






By the end of the day David wasn't ready to go to bed. He wanted to play and continue the celebration. It was hard to see the day come to an end. I think we all had a wonderful time on such a special day. 
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY, David!!! Your Mama and Daddy love you so much! 

2 comments:

Debbie_do_da said...

Happy Happy Birthday to our precious 2 year old!! Sounds like y'all had a great day!

Nicole @ Suddenly Snowden said...

WOW what a super fun birthday for a sweet (and YES beautiful) birthday boy!! Even I didn't want this post to end I was enjoying it so much :) Love the way the day started and they are both too cute in their shirts!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!