Monday, October 15, 2012

Rachael's Birthday Continued

Although most of Rachael's actual birthday was spent packing up and driving home, that evening was all about our family celebrating her. 


After dinner that night we got out what was left of her puppy dog cake [You might think I'm a terrible Mama for not getting her another cake for her real birthday, but there was plenty of this one left and I wasn't about to have more cake in my house than what we needed because I don't trust myself alone with anything sweet]. I used the brownie bones to decorate around what remained of the puppy's face and then served it on her birthday plate to make it extra special.  

Photobucket

We also brought home some of Rachael's party balloons and streamers to decorate the house for her special day.

We sang "Happy Birthday" several times per David's request and Rachael didn't argue. It never got old for either of them. Every time we started over, they both had huge, adorable grins.


This picture is just classic. It explains itself, no caption needed.
Photobucket



When we moved it closer so Rachael could try to blow out the candle by herself, she was more interested in that brownie! That's my girl.
Photobucket



"Oh....right, the candle..." She worked hard to blow it out herself, but ultimately needed a little help from Daddy.
Photobucket



After cake came presents, of course!

Photobucket


Photobucket


David was so sweet as he helped Rachael open the card he gave her. Note that it's upside down- so cute!
Photobucket


His gift to her- a pink truck. She loves it.
Photobucket


1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I love the first picture of the two of them, while David's about to blow out the candle Rachael looks like she's saying, "Hey, I'm one!" and has her little finger sticking up! Too cute!