While many in Atlanta were doing this:
We were having a ball playing in the snow!
I have to say that Ryan had been in Atlanta earlier that day and, I'm not exaggerating when I say, he made it out just in time. All of the chaos started between 12:15-12:30pm on Tuesday January 28th. Ryan left at 12:00. I am so thankful that God allowed him to make it home to us safely. Our fun in the snow would not have been the same if we were also worrying about his safety.
The snow started falling at our house right as the kids' nap time was rolling around. So, I promised them we would all go outside after they rested up. When they woke up the grass was lightly covered with snow and our house was filled with squeals and excitement! We rushed to put on all the warm clothes I could find for them. [one of the downsides to storing your families' snow skiing clothes at your parent's house 2 hours away- there's not much at your house should it snow] We were thankful for the hand-me-downs Ricky and Care had recently given them!
Here's the kids' reaction as they first stepped outside. Rachael is saying, "SNOOWW, SNOOWW!" And the first thing on David's agenda: Make a Snow Angel.
Their faces were priceless:
David was SO excited to have a snowball fight:
Rachael wanted to eat the snow, which is no surprise:
I love this picture of her catching snowflakes on her tongue:
Just a snippet of the snowball fighting that went on:
Rachael was upset that the horse swing was covered in snow, she wanted to clean it off immediately:
We had enough snow to make a very little snowman.
Ryan's snow beard:
And snowy family picture:
1 comment:
HOW FUN!! Come to Kansas and make a big snowman :)
Post a Comment