The circus came to town and we just had to go see it!
We had an absolute blast. The kids loved it more than I even thought they would.
We got there early for the PreShow which allowed us to get up close and personal with some of the stars of the circus.
The horses:
A clown hanging upside down:
These two incredibly flexible girls:

And we got to dance with some girls from the show:

After they danced, David and Rachael decided they needed a celebratory hug:
We even got to see the elephants play basketball!

There were so many people trying to get close to the elephants, so we walked up into the stands attempting to get a better view. Then this sweet, yet rough looking, older man offered his shoulders to David so he could see better. I was surprised David accepted.

I probably should mention two things: A) Ryan was getting our dinner. B) This man was not alone. He was with his wife, who was holding their youngest grandchild [about 6 months old]. The couple's son and his wife were with their two older children down by the elephants. When the elephants were done they all came back up and didn't seem surprised a bit that he had some random little boy on his shoulders. The older grandchildren were a little jealous. They were all VERY nice and I really appreciate him being so kind to us.
Ryan found us just after the elephants finished and we all went to our seats to get ready for the start of the circus.
While we waited we ate dinner:

The kids loved everything about the circus!



The tigers were amazing!
Daddy and David having a great time. [It's blurry, but I still love it.]

Mama and Rachael enjoying the show:

Oh! And a rarity. A picture of Mama with both kids. I was telling Ryan, "It's an intermission". But, the music was so loud, he thought I was saying, "Take a picture."

After getting a chance to stretch our legs and take a bathroom break, the kids watched the remainder of the circus with some cotton candy.


This was their first time eating cotton candy and they actually weren't that into it. They both took a few bites and were finished.
They liked the big, silly hat that came with the cotton candy, though.

Ryan tried it on too.

The very best part of the evening was watching David and Rachael's faces and hearing their squeals with every new act that came out. Here's just an example. David dancing along to the music as one act was exiting and the elephants suddenly enter the ring.
And here's our attempt at a family picture. I really love it because it's not perfect, it's our real life.

First thing the next morning David asked if we were planning to go back to the circus again that night. They loved it! They're both still talking about the fun they had and the amazing things they saw. We already can't wait for next year!
And we got to dance with some girls from the show:
After they danced, David and Rachael decided they needed a celebratory hug:
We even got to see the elephants play basketball!
There were so many people trying to get close to the elephants, so we walked up into the stands attempting to get a better view. Then this sweet, yet rough looking, older man offered his shoulders to David so he could see better. I was surprised David accepted.
I probably should mention two things: A) Ryan was getting our dinner. B) This man was not alone. He was with his wife, who was holding their youngest grandchild [about 6 months old]. The couple's son and his wife were with their two older children down by the elephants. When the elephants were done they all came back up and didn't seem surprised a bit that he had some random little boy on his shoulders. The older grandchildren were a little jealous. They were all VERY nice and I really appreciate him being so kind to us.
Ryan found us just after the elephants finished and we all went to our seats to get ready for the start of the circus.
While we waited we ate dinner:
The kids loved everything about the circus!
The tigers were amazing!
Daddy and David having a great time. [It's blurry, but I still love it.]
Mama and Rachael enjoying the show:
Oh! And a rarity. A picture of Mama with both kids. I was telling Ryan, "It's an intermission". But, the music was so loud, he thought I was saying, "Take a picture."
After getting a chance to stretch our legs and take a bathroom break, the kids watched the remainder of the circus with some cotton candy.
This was their first time eating cotton candy and they actually weren't that into it. They both took a few bites and were finished.
They liked the big, silly hat that came with the cotton candy, though.
Ryan tried it on too.
The very best part of the evening was watching David and Rachael's faces and hearing their squeals with every new act that came out. Here's just an example. David dancing along to the music as one act was exiting and the elephants suddenly enter the ring.
And here's our attempt at a family picture. I really love it because it's not perfect, it's our real life.
First thing the next morning David asked if we were planning to go back to the circus again that night. They loved it! They're both still talking about the fun they had and the amazing things they saw. We already can't wait for next year!
1 comment:
HOW FUN!!! We always went to the circus when we were growing up. We both loved animals so much and it was just such a magical experience to witness in person, I'll never forget our excitement over going to the circus! I love all of these pictures, especially the family photo at the end!!
Post a Comment