Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Punkin' Pickin'

We had originally planned to pick out our carving pumpkins the day we went to the picking farm, but it turns out- time flies when you're having fun. We closed the activities area down and by the time we took the hayride back to the pumpkin patch, they were closing. Since we didn't have time to pick out the perfect pumpkins there we decided to get them at David's school. So, the other day we all went to pick up David at school and headed to the large field in front of his school filled with pumpkins of all sizes. 


The kids had a GREAT time trying to find the perfect one. 

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Ultimately, Ryan picked out the two we will carve, but David just had to have just one more. He was so proud of his find.

Photobucket


Photobucket
I had to add this second picture because, well, first Rachael's face is just too cute not to share. Second, she was starting to fall right after I took the first picture. Completely on his own David grabbed the back of her right arm to hold her up and she put her little hand on his leg. Oh, melt my heart. I live for those sweet brother/sister moments. 

3 comments:

Twinkle said...

More fun, more cuteness, you two are so adorable and precious. What can I say!

And David, your protective instinct to your sweet little sister melts My heart too, and chokes me up in a very proud way.

Love you both so much.

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

I love the brother sister duo! And Rachael's face in the last one makes me laugh! So cute!

Nicole @ Suddenly Snowden said...

Love these two!! How cute that he had to pick out a pumpkin too. Just like Daddy. Love how he helped her up - those two are too sweet!!!